Legal information - Conditions for use of the site
These terms apply, except with a stipulation to the contrary, to all the Internet sites of the French-speaking Community.
Purposes of the site
The information that appears on the Internet site or sites of the public services of the French-speaking Community of Belgium is, except with an explicit stipulation to the contrary, of a general nature. Therefore it is not aimed at specific or personal situations, and cannot be considered legal, professional or personal advice to the user.
If you need personal or specific advice, it is up to you to consult the departments within the French-speaking Community that have jurisdiction. To find the person or department with jurisdiction within the Administration, call 0800 20 000, the freephone of the French-speaking Community of Belgium (call free of charge - accessible only from within Belgium).
Quality of information and service - limitation of liability
We are attentive to the quality of the information content of this site. The data contained in the present site (links included) are supposed to be accurate at the time of their publication, but can become inaccurate or outdated. The French-speaking Community does not guarantee the accuracy or the exhaustiveness of the information that is offered here. The user must always be aware that this information is likely to be modified without prior notice. As a result the French-speaking Community declines all responsibility as to the content of this site or the use that could be made of it. Moreover, concerning information and documents that are the object of official publication, only the texts published in the Moniteur belge (www.moniteur.be) are laws.
The hypertext links available on this site and guiding the users to other Internet sites do not incur the liability of the French-speaking Community as to the content of these sites. The creation of links to other sites does not mean that the French-speaking Community supports these sites or their content. In addition, the French-speaking Community cannot be held responsible for errors in the site addresses or domain names appearing in this site.
In spite of efforts made to avoid any interruption due to technical problems as much as possible, the French-speaking Community declines any responsibility for the fact of interruptions of service or other technical problems.
Intellectual property rights
The texts, page layouts, illustrations and other elements that make up this site are protected by copyright or, if they concern databases, by a specific law. All these elements are the property of the French-speaking Community or, as applicable, of a third party from whom the French-speaking Community has obtained the necessary authorisations.
Except with a stipulation to the contrary, the information in the form of text or figures that appears on this site and is the property of the French-speaking Community can be used free of charge, by indicating the source, and solely for use that is neither commercial nor for advertising. On the other hand, any reproduction of a commercial or advertising nature of this information, just as all forms of use and of reproduction of other elements that make up this site, such as the house style, the images, the sounds and the computer applications constituting the property of the French-speaking Community, is strictly prohibited without authorisation in advance from the French-speaking Community. Any request of this type must be addressed to the management department of the site (Cf. infra). The use of elements appearing on this site that constitute the property of a third party pre-supposes that the necessary authorisations have been obtained from this third party that holds the right."
Creation of hyperlinks to this site
The French-speaking Community authorises the creation, with prior request, of links on the surface (surface linking) that return the user to the home page of the site or to any other page as a whole. On the other hand, turning to any technology aiming at including all or part of this site in an Internet site while masking, even only partially, the exact origin of the information, or which is able to lead to confusion as to the origin of the information, such as framing or in-lining, requires the written authorisation in advance of the French-speaking Community. Any request of this type must be addressed to the management department of the site (Cf. infra).
Principles relating to the collection of data of a personal nature
In principle, access to the information available on or via this site takes place without having to supply data of a personal nature, such as name, postal address, electronic mail address or other.
In exceptional cases, with a view to obtaining additional services (ordering documents, subscribing to a newsletter, etc.), it is possible that personal information, primarily contact details, will be requested from the user. In this case, the user is warned in advance and the data are processed in compliance with the terms of the law of 8 December 1992 relating to the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of data of a personal nature.
In concrete terms this means in particular that:
• your data of a personal nature can be gathered and processed only in conformity with the purposes indicated at the time of their collection and to the extent necessary to satisfy your request and to achieve the missions entrusted to the French-speaking Community. Your data will not under any circumstances be processed for commercial purposes;
• your personal information will be transmitted only to the staff charged with processing each request. The information could be transmitted to a third party at the French-speaking Community if this proves necessary for achieving the purposes and handling your request;
• you will have the right to consult your personal information in order to verify its accuracy and have any errors concerning it corrected. For this purpose you will be able to contact the person responsible for processing your data, whose contact details appear below; by means of a request addressed by normal post or by electronic mail to the person responsible for the processing that appear below, and the proof of your identity, you can obtain the communication of the personal information concerning you, the correction of data that is inaccurate, incomplete or not relevant or the deletion of this data for sound reasons;
• the French-speaking Community, in its capacity as manager of the processing, shall take the security measures required to protect your data of a personal nature that is processed against accidental destruction, modification, access (possibly ill-intentioned) or any other unauthorised handling.
Manager for processing
The agent responsible for handling the data of a personal nature relating to the site is the French-speaking Community represented by the manager of the department or the director of the department. Any request or question relating to the protection of privacy on the site can be directed to him/her at the following postal address: Ministère de la Communauté française, 44, Boulevard LEOPOLD II, 1080 BRUSSELS, as well as by electronic mail to the address privacy(at)cfwb.be.
Use for statistical purposes of information relating to browsing
When you access the site, the servers consulted automatically collect the following data:
• the IP that is assigned to you at the time of your connection;
• the date and time of access to the site;
• the pages consulted and the type of browser used;
• the platform and/or the operating system installed on the PC;
• the search engine as well as the key words used to find the site;
• the files downloaded.
By using this Internet site, you are expressly agreeing to the processing of your listed data by the French-speaking Community under the conditions and for the purposes described above.
This electronic identification data was the subject of a declaration to the private Commission de la Protection de la Vie privée (Commission on privacy) and will be handled in compliance with the terms of the law of 8 December 1992 cited above; by means of the proof of your identity, you have the right of access and the right to the correction of information that concerns you.
Any difference of opinion relating to this online agreement and any challenge relating to this site or to its content shall be governed exclusively by Belgian law. By consulting this site, you accept that the courts and tribunals of Brussels, Belgium have sole jurisdiction in the event of disputes.
This page was produced in collaboration with the Walloon Region.